Education & Experience required: Completion of a college program in accounting, bookkeeping or a related field or Completion of two years (first level) of a recognized professional accounting program (e.g., Chartered Accounting, Certified General Accounting) or Courses in accounting or bookkeeping combined with several years of experience as a financial or accounting clerk are required.
Brief job responsibilities:
- Keep financial records and establish, maintain and balance various accounts using manual and computerized bookkeeping systems
- Post journal entries and reconcile accounts, prepare trial balance of books, maintain general ledgers and prepare financial statements
- Calculate and prepare cheques for payrolls and for utility, tax and other bills
- Complete and submit tax remittance forms, workers’ compensation forms, pension contribution forms and other government documents
- Prepare tax returns and perform other personal bookkeeping services
- Prepare other statistical, financial and accounting reports.